||KVIEKids.org Privacy Information
For Families Visiting KVIEKids:
You have trusted us for many years to make safe and quality content that family members of all ages can enjoy. In the cyberspace world, this trust is even more important to your family, and to KVIE. To make sure that this site stays safe and fun, we make the following promises:
- In almost all activities, the information we collect is non-personal (such as first name, age, city and state). If you enter a contest or send us a question, we will also ask for an e-mail address. We only collect enough information from our visitors to make activities on KVIE Kids fun and interesting.
- If you submit stories, artwork, comments or anything else to us which is posted on our site, you will be identified on our site only by first name, age, city and state.
- If you send us an e-mail with a question or comment, or enter one of our contests, we will write back using your e-mail address, but we will not keep the address or use it again.
- No one will be excluded from our site for not giving us personal information. When we do ask for personal information (like an e-mail address), we will only keep it until that particular activity is complete. We will not share this information with a third party.
- If we know a visitor is under the age of thirteen, we will collect a parent's permission offline (by postal mail, fax or phone) before we mail any prizes, or collect or share personal information with anyone else.
We also promise to help families and communities find the information they need to use the Internet safely and responsibly.
- When a KVIE Kids site is partially funded by outside sponsors, we will mark any underwriter logos with a "sponsored by" tag. We choose our underwriters carefully, to make sure that the company's products and services fit KVIE standards. KVIE Kids sites will not contain advertisements promoting e-commerce or direct links to e-commerce.
Your family's use of this site is conditioned on your having accepted these terms. You should check back to this policy frequently, since it is subject to change from time to time, and your continued use of the site is conditioned upon your acceptance of any modifications hereto.
We want to make this site a place where families can surf together, and where parents and caregivers are happy to have their children interact, learn and play. If you have any comments or questions, we're happy to hear them. This is, after all, your site.